Third Party/Sponsored Billing

Third Party/Sponsored Billing is when a private or government agency is paying any portion of your tuition or fees AND they are requesting a bill from the University.

There is no standard form. Some companies will write a letter, on business letterhead, stating what they are willing to pay. Others have a special form. Regardless of the format, all contracts or letters MUST include the following information in order to be processed:

Billing documents need to be received at least three (3) business days before the bill due date (20th of every month) to ensure proper posting to the account.

* NOTE: A credit will usually appear on your student account within 48 hours of receipt of the contract. This credit does not mean that the Office of the Bursar has received payment on your behalf. The credit will be reversed if the University of Maryland, College Park does not receive payment from the company/agency within 60 days from the billing date and the student will be responsible for the charges on their student account.

Mail Contracts to:
Fax Contracts to:
For questions regarding Third Party Billing, please call or visit our office:

If there are any questions about this information, please Contact Us.