Welcome to the Office of the Bursar
Welcome to the Office of the Bursar.
Please note the following:
- Important Note: The University System of
Maryland recently passed a tuition increase and a one-time surcharge for the
University of Maryland, effective for the spring 2015 semester. The tuition
increase and one-time surcharge will be posted to your account on February 10,
and reflected on your February 25th bill. These charges will be due by April 20, 2015. For more information, please go to our Spring 2015 Tuition Increase and One-time Surcharge page. For information on available financial aid options, please visit financialaid.umd.edu.
- The 2014 1098-T form will be available by January 31.
- Beginning August 21, 2014, a 2.0% processing fee will be assessed for all credit
and debit card transactions. There is not a processing fee for ACH (electronic check) payments.
Click here for FAQs.
- Your gateway to Online Services will be available on every page as an item on the left hand side and in the top menu.
- The contact information for the Financial Service Center as well as the different departments for the Office of the Bursar is also available from the left side.
- Every page is available from this main page. If you are having difficulty locating a web page, please check the
Site Map or use the Search button at the top of each page. You can select whether to search only the Bursar site or the entire University of Maryland.
The University moved to a fully-electronic billing system in 2008. As a result, Paper Bills
are not sent to students registered for current or upcoming terms. Click for further information.
Reminder - when paying by check, please write your UID on the check memo.
Check out the Office of Student Financial Aid's Financial Literacy section
and University's position on the Wise Use of Credit.